29905560

hi i know someone who is commiting expense fraud he tip exes

hi i know someone who is commiting expense fraud he tip exes reciepts and sends them off as a scan so they never see the orginals can you let me know how i am to let his company know i would rather stay anonymous. he works for Eli lilly uk. He has been submitting these for 2 years.

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Ben Jones :

Is this a company that you also work for?

Customer:

no

Customer:

Has the answer already been e mailed?#

Ben Jones :

OK thank you, XXXXX XXXXX it with me. I am in a tribunal today so will prepare my advice during the day and get back to you this afternoon. There is no need to wait and you will receive an email when I have responded. Thank you

Customer:

Thank you very much this is a great service

Ben Jones :

Many thanks for your patience. The employee’s actions, if proved right, would be unlawful and could amount to theft, fraud, dishonesty and a serious breach of trust. This could not only be a misconduct issue for which he could be disciplined and even sacked, but it could also be a potential criminal matter.

In terms of informing his company you may do so in writing rather than by calling them to speak to them. You may send an anonymous letter, addressed to their payroll department or HR (or even both) and including details of the information you have about this to enable the employer to realise that something may be wrong and that this employee’s claims may indeed be falsified. They would then conduct their own investigation and decide how to take this further and what is the best way to deal with it.

All you can do is send the information you have about this to the employer. You cannot force them to take any action against the individual and this decision rests entirely with them. They will also decide whether to contact the police about this, but I presume they will make that decision once they have conducted an investigation as a result of the information you provide them with.

So there is no right or wrong way to go about this or on what information to include – you can give them as much or as little as you believe is appropriate in the circumstances. If you believe some of the details may link this back to you then you can choose to omit it but only you know what this information may be so you will have to make the decision, remembering that the more you exclude the more difficult it may be for the employer to decide on the authenticity of these allegations.

Hope this clarifies your position?

Customer:

Thank you very much for this Ben, I am just worried this could come back to me I will see how to do this as they may mention that a letter came.

Ben Jones :

They may do but then you have to consider whether you are the only person that would know about these activities and if by knowing there was a letter it would automatically be linked back to you - but only you know if that is the case and if it is then it is unfortunately a risk you have to consider before deciding on how to act

Customer:

yes I am the only person that knows. dodgy ground, Never mind thank you so much for your response

Ben Jones :

you are most welcome, hope you resolve this one way or another, all the best

Customer:

Great thank you. You have been helpful i may just call them and leave them to it

Ben Jones :

No problem