75100385

I purchased a fairly large number of Carbon Credits over 3

Customer Question

I purchased a fairly large number of Carbon Credits over 3 years ago..I have probably been very naive..There appears to be no one who can advise on same..Is there any advice you can offer?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : How much did you invest please?
JACUSTOMER-ujmfjk59- :

Approx £67000

Alex Watts : What was the name of the company you paid please?
JACUSTOMER-ujmfjk59- :

360 invest

JACUSTOMER-ujmfjk59- :

This was through colemans solicitors..3 different contracts for total 14,000vcs standard carbon credits

JACUSTOMER-ujmfjk59- :

Arranged through CarbonexGmbh.7th floorKurfurstendamm21 Berlin..

Alex Watts :

Its bad news I am afraid.

Alex Watts :

All you can do is complain to the FSA

Alex Watts :

Please see:

Alex Watts :

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/consumerinformation/scamsandswindles/investment_scams/carbon_credit

Alex Watts :

You should report it asap.

Alex Watts :

However if you paid through Solicitors you should also complain to the Managing Partner that deals with complaints at the firm

Alex Watts :

Colemans are quite big so raise a formal complaint through them and then the regulator (www.sra.org.uk)

Alex Watts :

But I am sorry to say that the sad reality probably will be your money has gone

Alex Watts :

You need to raise formal complaints and see if the authorities take action.

Alex Watts :

But if you pursue this yourself it could cost many tens of thousands given there is a foreign element to it as well

Alex Watts :

I am very sorry that this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest

Alex Watts :

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/

JACUSTOMER-ujmfjk59- :

Alex,,

Alex Watts : Hello.
Alex Watts : i am on the train so may be on and offline.
JACUSTOMER-ujmfjk59- :

It appears from your answer I have learnt a very expensive lesson..Do you see any mileage informing FCA about the dealings or just accept that I have made a number of mistakes getting involved with a possible scam

Alex Watts : I would inform the FCA. It may be if enough people complain they can investigate and prosecute.
Alex Watts : But the reality is sadly you have lost your money.
Alex Watts : I wish it could be better news I really do - I am sirry
Alex Watts : sorry
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything else?