UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

My father want me to have lasting power of attorney. He was

Customer Question

My father wants  me to have lasting power of attorney. He was diagnosed with Alzheimer's a few years ago and is on medication that appears to be effective. However, I am subject to an IVA which will be complete in March 2015. My father has no property, is in receipt of Pension credit and attendance allowance and there are no assets. My father resides with myself and my husband in our home. Can he still have me named for power of attorney?

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Yes, you may be appointed by your father to act as his attorney by him issuing a lasting power of attorney to you, as long as he has mental capacity to know what he is doing.

Your IVA has nothing to do with you managing your father's affairs as his attorney.

Can I help further?