Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

My mothers last will and testament was registered with Mann

My mothers last will and testament was registered with Mann & company, Victoria house, Business Centre,XXXXXlt; Liverpool L1 6BD, I cannot contact this company. Is it possible to find out if they are still in existence, and if so their new address please
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

Do you know if this Company was a firm of Solicitors or were they Will writers?

AL
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Don't know if they are solicitors or will writers sorry

Hi Clive,

Thanks for your reply.

I have checked the Law Society website and there are no Solicitors trading with that name. I therefore researched Will Writers in Liverpool,and thought I had solved your problem in that I had located the following Will Writers in Liverpool-
Mann and Associates Legal Services Ltd
XXXXX
Huyton
Liverpool
L36 5TN

However, having checked with Companies House, this Company was dissolved in 2011 and will not therefore be trading anymore.
Sadly, Will Writers do not need to be regulated with any Body, and therefore there is no Body you can turn to, to track down your Mother's Will, if they were indeed Will Writers.

There is the Institute of Will Writers who you could phone to see if they can shed any light on the Company- Tel no. 0345(NNN) NNN-NNNN but there is no guarantee they were registered with the Institute.

You should also phone the Law Society just to check that they weren't Solicitors. Tel no. 0)20 7320 5650 (Monday to Friday from 09:00 to 17:30).

Looking ahead, I take it that you have only a copy of the Will, and your Mother's Estate needs to be administered? If you would like further information on the way to proceed if the original Will can not be located, please let me know.
Please note I will be offline in a few minutes and back on at approx. 9.30pm tonight.

Kind Regards
AL