LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

I have just received planning permission for a summer house

I have just received planning permission for a summer house I have had built in my garden .
I wish to get the building added to the deeds and need to know how to go about it .
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 3 years ago.

LondonlawyerJ :

Hello I am a solicitor of over 15 years experience. I will try to help you with this.

LondonlawyerJ :

If the summer house is built on your land and in accordance with planning permission, building regs etc why do you need to do anything? The land is already yours and so therefore is any building on it.

Customer: So does that mean that it can be valued as a part of the property without adding to the deeds?
LondonlawyerJ :

When you say deeds I take it you mean the entries in the land registry on the assumption this is registered land (it is a long time since I have come across unregistered land). The answer is yes.

Customer: Thank you