12826847

my car was mobility car and when I ask them about my injuries

Customer Question

my car was mobility car and when I ask them about my injuries they told me as it was my fault I was not covered for them, I have severe back problems in that I have ripped and torn the muscles between my vertebra and it is going to be at least 10 weeks before I get much better , I am on strong pain medication and have to be cared for 24 hours a day, at the moment my children are doing it on a rota system but all having to take time off from there jobs, I was under the impression that my insurance covered me as in the policy it says personal injury up to 5000, I know it was my fault s I was over taking a lorry but when I saw the other car I stopped so I could get back behind the lorry but the other car didn't even slow down there were no cars behind him so he could have one more second and I would have been behind the lorry I just cant understand why he didn't slow down can you help me please
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes I am willing to wait for an a nswer

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes am willing to wait

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Have you made a formal complaint to the insurance company please?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My daughter is writing this as I am unable to use the computer comfortably.

We have now re-read the insurance documents associated with the car. It would seem that Personal Accident Cover only applies where there was a loss of eyesight, or limb, or death. Since none of the above occurred, the advice my mother received from the insurance company is correct, and there is no cover for her injuries.

So we do not require any further advice from you in the matter

Ok. Good luck with this.