75100385

Hi, I have a Attachment of earnings against me for unpaid council

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Attachment of earnings against me for unpaid council tax. This means on calculation I will lose £869 out of my wages. This happened last year as well as the repayment the council asked me to pay on a monthly basis to clear the debt was too high at £500 a month. I provided them with a expenditure form but they did not take into account any of my monthly expenditures apart from Mortgage, secured loans, gas and electricity, hence why such a high repayment. This is also causing my employer to question me and could result in me losing my job. What options do I have?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Have you applied to the court to vary it please?
JACUSTOMER-c5cy3lu2- :

No didnt know I could

Alex Watts :

You need to apply to the Court to vary the Order.

Alex Watts :

The fact you have an attachment is unavoidable

Alex Watts :

But if you have other things you have to pay, the Court can order a payment amount

Alex Watts :

You need to make an application to the Court to have the amount varied

Alex Watts :

If the Court will not and the Council are taking the money then you need to complain to the Local Government Ombudsman

Alex Watts :

They are at: www.lgo.org.uk

Alex Watts :

JACUSTOMER-c5cy3lu2- :

Thank you, one last question, how do I go about apply in to the court? Is there a certain form or just send a letter?

Alex Watts :

You just need to make an application. You should write to the Court.

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/