12826847

Hi I have traded with a supplier for 3 years and they have

Customer Question

I have traded with a supplier for 3 years and they have jsut decided not to continue to supply me as i charge 9p less than RRP (note they charge a price inc p& p) are charge a price with p & p separate but the difference is 9p) - are they legally entitled to do that

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

Sorry, I'm not sure why they have refused to supply?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

because i will not raise my prices in line with their RRP for example the product is £2.99 with free P & P and i charge £1.60 plus £1.30 p& p so 9p lower, but i also feel it is fairer with multiple purchases as it allows me to increase postage costs prorata to actual and they have deemed that by separating the price and not charging RP i am devaluing the brand

I see.

I am sorry but its bad news then.

Unless you are locked into a contract for a specific period of time at this price, they are indeed free to cancel. Nobody can be forced to contract with anybody in the UK. If they take the view that this is unprofitable then that may well be bad business on their part but its a view they are free to act upon I'm afraid.

You can try negotiating with them.

If they haven't given you notice or were locked into a contract for a specific time period then you could rely upon that but otherwise I'm afraid they are free to do that.

I'm sorry this isn't the answer you wanted but it is the position that you face and I have a duty to inform you truthfully.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.