13262538

3 years ago I went through divorce proceedings. The deal was

3 years ago I went through divorce proceedings. The deal was I kept my pension of around £80K in return she got 65% of equity post house sale based on her looking after the children We are both aged 50

While most paperwork has been completed she never filled in the "Statement of information for a consent order" and thus this order was never signed as I couldn't sign to agree that the information provided was correct as there wasn't any

She and our two children aged remained in the family home but through inertia on her part this situation remained in place with her paying £500 toward rent - I continued to pay approx. £900 pcm in house bills.

2 years ago the decree absolute came through By now her boyfriend had moved in permanently

Our children are now 18 and 20 with one on the last year of uni and the other about to start.

My question - Is it still realistic for my ex-wife to expect such a large percentage given circumstances have changed? The recent house sale has generated approx. £130K

I think 60 / 40 or better is more realistic

I am a little unclear about who has lived where until now?
Has she remarried?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

She continued to live at the property with our two children until 7th May this year when the house sold and monies transferred to the conveying solicitor who has now paid all legal and estate agent fees.

Her boyfriend moved in 2 years ago.

She paid £500 to me. I paid all mortgages, insurance utilities Council tax etc but not food.

I moved out 2 years ago and am living with my girlfriend

Are you now willing to share your pension?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not really also I don't think my ex wife would be interested

If your Pension is to remain untouched then yes it is reasonable for your ex to still seek the larger share of the equity and if the matter goes to court it is still likely that this is the Order that will be made
I am sorry not to give you better news - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you.i had thought this the case but wanted the reassurance of an independent and qualified opinion

HI
You are most welcome - I hope all goes well