Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

I believe that the phrase "It is hereby certified that the

I believe that the phrase "It is hereby certified that the transaction hereby effected does not form part of a larger transaction in respect of which the amount exceeds £ 60,000" relates to property tax.

Is this legally correct when applied to a purchase for £ 20,000 of a property worth considerably in excess of £ 60,000?, please
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

The phrase did used to have to be inserted in a Land Registry transfer, to confirm that no Stamp Duty is payable.
It is not used anymore, but if it were, the phrase was used to confirm the Price being paid, as opposed to the value of the property. Hence, if only £20,000 were being paid for a property worth £100,000, then the figure £20,000 would have been inserted.

I hope this assists you.

Kind Regards
AL
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Perfectly clear answer - thank you