Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

i have waited 8 months after my mums death and my sister has

Customer Question

i have waited 8 months after my mums death and my sister has all her money in her account under her name and was taken just before her death.My other sister is executor of the will and wont tell me any thing about the will.
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is Al and am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

Whoever is the Executor of the Will is under a duty to notify all beneficiaries of their entitlements under the Will. I am therefore guessing that you may not have been left anything by your Mum.
However, you have done the correct thing in applying to the Probate Registry for a copy of the Will. As no doubt you are aware, a Will becomes a public document once Probate has been granted, and provided this has happened, you will be able to get a copy.

Depending on what the Will says can then dictate what your next steps are.

Please let me know if you require any further information.

Kind Regards
AL