Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

Dan sold part of his large garden as a building plot and granted

Dan sold part of his large garden as a building plot and granted to the purchaser, Tracey, the right for her to connect up the services (i.e. elec, water, drainage) the pipes of which run under that part of the garden retained by Dan. At the same time, Dan granted to Tracey the right to enter upon Dan's land for the purpose of repair and maintenance tothose pipes. When the purchase has been registered at HM land registry in which register of the title to Dan's property will threse rights appear? and also which register does tracey appear.

a-Property Register
b) Proprietorship register
c) the charges register

I am thinking Dan will go to the Charges register
Tracey to the Property register
Please can you help
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

When Tracey's title has been registered, her right to connect to Dan's services will be in her Property Register, as this is a right benefitting her.

In respect of Dan's Register, Tracey's right will show in his Charges Register, as this is a right benefitting a third party.

So, you were quite correct!

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards
AL