75100385

FAO Alex Watts. Hello. The defendants first defence to N1CPC

FAO Alex Watts. Hello. The defendant’s first defence to N1CPC was a mess. He has now written a ‘revised’ defence to the court, apologising for the “ramblings” made in his first effort which included much about him being harassed, that we the claimant’s family / POA only want the claimant’s money and want to undo and not honour her charitable wishes, he is the good guy etc etc. His latest defence opens with him “….. suffering from anxiety and depression - see doctor’s note”. He has discussed matters with his psychiatrist and he believes that he “can express himself more clearly today”. He also states that “ I am under the auspices of Knowsley Mental Health Services”.
All along, given his actions and total lack of communication and transparency I have had serious concerns which resulted in the current claim. I believe that he is not effectively managing the charity and this is what I have been questioning. The POC submitted does not refer to his mental situation not sure if it can or cannot? Surely if you suffer from a diagnosis of depression and anxiety and it I presumably beyond drugs in that psychiatric involvement is required does this not potentially bring into question the defendant’s ability to make sound business decisions? So the question is….. is his psychiatric condition something that I can cite to the court as further support in my claims of the miss management of the charity?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Has there been a psychiatric report?
Customer:

I do not know.

Alex Watts : Ok. He needs permission from the court to amend his defence.
Alex Watts : No amendment means no revised defence.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?