tdlawyer
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  11 years experience of general practice.
73598664

How can I evict a woman and her 2 ponies from land which I

How can I evict a woman and her 2 ponies from land which I rent from the council? Originally she was invited to share the grazing but when I learned this was regarded by the council as sub-letting, I asked her to find alternative land but she refuses to go. she has been asked personally, by text message and by letter. Six months have passed now .
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 3 years ago.

tdlawyer :

Hello, welcome to the website. My name isXXXXX can assist you with this.

tdlawyer :

You would need to issue court proceedings for possession, to have her evicted from the land. You can do this by issuing a claim form seeking possession, which is here: http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/HMCTS/GetForm.do?court_forms_id=616

tdlawyer :

I'm assuming that she is not living on the land, just using it as her own to graze cattle?

tdlawyer :

Or ponies!

Customer:

No just the ponies are on the land

tdlawyer :

Okay, then the possession proceedings I've mentioned are the best way to do this. They're the safest way too.

Customer:

Will it cost a lot to proceed down this route?

tdlawyer :

Shouldn't do - it's something you could do yourself, you don't have to use a solicitor, but if you did, it would probably cost about £750 or so plus VAT but it depends what happens in the proceedings, which is always difficult to tell.

Customer:

Ok thanks

tdlawyer :

Thank you. Can I ask whether you're happy with the service this morning please?