Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

Hi I am a landlord and have a CCJ against a former tenant dated

Customer Question

Hi I am a landlord and have a CCJ against a former tenant dated Jan 2006, he initially made some payments towards it then went to India to work, he is back in the area now can I still enforce the CCJ or renew it kind a thing ?
Ian Davy
( Wolverhampton )
Original CCJ £4493.66
Expert:  Joshua replied 3 years ago.

Joshua :

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practicing lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

Joshua :

May I ask roughly how much remains outstanding please?

JACUSTOMER-93ihyqqz- :

They paid £1600.00 but then when you add back on 8 years interest at the standard 8% its back up to almost 5k !

Joshua :

Sorry for the slight delay in reverting to you.

Joshua :

Court judgements do not expire. Accordingly the same can still be enforced against the judgement debtor unless he has declared himself or been made bankrupt in the period between when the judgement was made and the present. In these circumstances it would no longer be possible to pursue the judgement unless it had been secured over property however I assume he has not been made bankrupt and on this basis the judgement can be enforced just the same now as it could have been at the time it was made.

Joshua :

Is there anything above I can clarify for you?