tdlawyer
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  11 years experience of general practice.
73598664

Good evening.My name isXXXXX feel like i am bring

Good evening.My name isXXXXX feel like i am bring bullied and deceived by my insurance company. My car a Classic Porsche 911 SC was insured with Equity Red Star Insurance roughly 4 years ago for £20.000 The car was stolen in October 2013.After they checked me out via I-validate to make sure that i was not a dodgy character,Equity Red Star only payed out £15.000.I called and complained that to replace my car would cost from £25.000 to £29.000. I e mailed around 7 examples of cars in the same category as my classic car and reminded them that i was insured for £20.000 They then sent me two examples of Porsche 911 for sale both below £15.000.I rang the first one a young man answered and said the add for that car was 10 yrs old.The second add sent a text saying they would call me but did not.CAN YOU ADVICE PLEASE.Angel
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 3 years ago.

tdlawyer :

Hi thanks for your question.

tdlawyer :

My name is XXXXX XXXXX can assist you with this.

tdlawyer :

Have you had the insurer's final decision about the amount it's prepared to pay?

Customer:

they have paid £15.000

tdlawyer :

OKay, and they are reusing to pay anything else?

Customer:

i take that as a refusal i have not asked them if they are refusing

tdlawyer :

You should ask them - and then get them to confirm they will or will not pay more. Sometimes, believe it or not, when pressed, they will do!

tdlawyer :

I've seen this happen a number of times.

tdlawyer :

But if this fails, then you should keep the evidence of market value and send it off to the financial ombudsman service. Do you know about this?

Customer:

ok i will call them tomorrow morning. How do i contact the ombudsman.also i did not know i had to pay you i will not get paid till tomorrow afternoon so will deposit your money in santander then hope thats ok. How do i contact you to let you know if i am successful

tdlawyer :

You can contact the ombudsman here: http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/

tdlawyer :

You can post again on here to contact me.

tdlawyer :

If you just rate the answer, that's all you need to do - no need to make extra payments.

tdlawyer :

Are you happy with the service tonight?