29905560

I have received a tel call plus email from a company based

I have received a tel call plus email from a company based in New York called "Strategic Private Equity Finance". It is to do with a private stock purchase of a company known as "Image Innovations LLC". It is an agreement to buy stock from me purchased many years ago which is subject to US restrictions which I would need to have lifted at a cost yet to be confirmed to me before I am sent the purchase funds. Since I purchased the stock I have been aware of many scams regarding Boiler Rooms. Is the company / offer real or is it a scam? I am able to provide more info if needed.Are you able to advise me here?

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Ben Jones :

Do you have further details on them, such as a website, address, etc?

Customer:

103 E 29th Street New York NY 10016 and the Board of International Finance atXXXXXNorthwest, Washington DC 20005

Customer:

They are quoting that the transaction falls under Rule 144 Matters and that I am required to remove any restrictions under Regulation S re Securities Act 1933

Ben Jones :

This company has been flagged up by the UK’s FCA as a likely scam and that they are offering to do authorised financial work without being authorised by them. See here:

http://www.fca.org.uk/news/warnings/strategic-private-equity-llc

I have also checked with the Secretary of State in NY and there is no company with that name registered to operate in the state of New York.

It certainly looks like a scam where you will be asked to pay fees in advance of any transaction and once you pay it then that would likely be the last thing you hear from them. I would certainly not recommend you have any dealings with them.

Customer:

Thankyou, you have confirmed my reservations. Can you tell me how a share holder would go about lifting restrictions under this rule to help me consider any other approaches of this nature?

Ben Jones :

That is a separate query unfortunate and not my area of law, especially as it is concerned with US Law, not UK Law, so you would need to speak to a corporate lawyer in our US Law section

Customer:

OK I presume that would require a separate submission/cost and if so would be better left until issue arises?

Ben Jones :

yes it would be an entirely separate question so it is up to you when you wish to raise it - you can of course do so at any time, whether once it arises or now if you just want to know your options

Ben Jones :

Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? Thanks

Customer:

Yes thankyou