Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

When submitting an N5 possesion order do both landlords have

When submitting an N5 possesion order do both landlords have to sign if jointly owned ?
Expert:  Joshua replied 3 years ago.

Joshua :

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practicing lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

Joshua :

One owner can sign on behalf of both owners providing the owner that is not signing authorises the other to sign on their behalf.

Joshua :

The owner that signs the form is declaring that he is authorised to sign on behalf of all owners so must satisify himself that he has such authorisation. He may be happy to rely on verbal confirmation from the coowner or may ask for something in writing but this is for him. All owners named on the tenancy should be named on the N5 form

Joshua :

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Joshua :

If you have no further questions for now I should be very grateful if you would kindly take a moment to rate my service to you today. Your feedback is important to me. If there is anything else I can help with please reply back to me though

Customer:

no thank you

Joshua :

best wishes