75100385

The agency that helped me claim back my ppi are asking an unrealistic

Customer Question

The agency that helped me claim back my ppi are asking an unrealistic amount as a fee for assisting unfortunately they have not done much at all and I don't feel that I should have to pay the full amount am I legally bound to pay in full

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Did you sign their terms and conditions? If so, does that set a fee?

Customer:

I'm not sure what has happened do I not receive a reply to my question

Alex Watts :

Ok - did you sign the terms and conditions? If so, did they set a fee for terms of business fee?

Customer:

Well I signed some forms and yes they have asked for a set amount however I am not sure as everything was done by post that I gave them back a further authority request that they sent me I have tried to liaise appropriately with them as the bank I was claiming from repeatedly wrote and sent forms out to me

Alex Watts :

Ok - but have you asked for a copy of the terms which sets out their fee please?

Customer:

I have their invoice here it says 39 per cent inclusive of vat I honestly can not say I remember reading that amount

Alex Watts :

Ok - you need to ask for their term and conditions which you signed.

Alex Watts :

If it contains the 39% inc VAT and you signed it then sadly that is a contract and you are stuck with having to pay it

Alex Watts :

If they can not provide the agreement or it does not set out their charges then you do not have to pay them

Alex Watts :

You can write and request this information under the Data Protection Act - they have 40 days to reply to this

Alex Watts :

But without knowing whether you signed it, it is hard to give you advice specifically

Alex Watts :

But in short if you signed and agreed, then you are in difficulty.

Alex Watts :

Customer:

Yes I received an amount of Eleven thousand 681 ponds the agency are asking for five thousand and74 pound do I have to pay the full amount ?

Alex Watts :

Not yet

Alex Watts :

Ask for the terms and conditions which you signed first

Alex Watts :

If they can not provide them or it does not state the fees then you may not have to pay it

Alex Watts :

If it does set out the fees and you have signed it then sadly you will have to

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything else?

Customer:

So I contact them and ask for them to send me a copy of the agreement I signed and take it from there thank you can I come back to you at a later date ?

Alex Watts :

Yes that is fine

Alex Watts :

And yes you should contact them.

Alex Watts :

Although I can only give you advice, I can not act for you as this is a question and answer site

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Alex do I pay you again for the ongoing issue I contacted you about recently or is this covered for more advice?

Sadly yes as it is outside 7 days. If you do post a question please put it for my attention and I can help.