tdlawyer
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  11 years experience of general practice.
73598664

ls a financial adviser accountable for the advice he gives

ls a financial adviser accountable for the advice he gives to a client .lf his advice an be shown to have caused financial problems rather than solve them can l sue him ?
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 3 years ago.

tdlawyer :

Hello, welcome to the website. My name isXXXXX can assist you with this.

tdlawyer :

You can sue for negligent advice given by a professional, yes.

tdlawyer :

However, as this is a financial product, I would strongly encourage you to consider referring the matter to the financial ombudsman first if you're able to do that without it causing you any difficulties.

tdlawyer :

You can have a look at the omudsman website here: www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/

Customer:

l have already tried the financial ombudsman but their adjudicator says the financial adviser is not responsible even though he gave the advice.to take out the mortgage . l was adivsed to use a financial adviser by age/uk.

tdlawyer :

Okay, are they saying that his advice was okay?

Customer:

they did not say his advice okay. they just said he was not responsible for my taking out the mortgage.They say that when l signed the papers l would have recieved advice from a solicitor which is true ,however l would not have got to the stage of taking out the mortgage if the adviser had not recommend it.

tdlawyer :

That makes sense to me. Okay, well if you're not getting any joy from the ombudsman, then I would suggest you contact a no-win no-fee solicitor to look at a professional negligence action for you.

tdlawyer :

There are many firms out there that specialise in this type of thing.

Customer:

Thanks ,that is what l wanted to know