tdlawyer
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  11 years experience of general practice.
73598664

i signed a contract with a well known roofing company.i paid

Customer Question

i signed a contract with a well known roofing company.i paid a deposit. the work invoved pressure washing.resulting in causing a leak in the loft.the work was stopped immediately,they said they would send a builder to assess the damage caused he said he could not advise me one way or another i told him i wanted out of the contract.a short time after he left he telephoned me to say he would be sending someone to repair the roof the next day,but nobody came.a few days later i called the company they denied all knowledge of a visit by the builder and are refusing to refund my deposit and release me from the contract.please advise me if you can.thankyou.
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 3 years ago.

tdlawyer :

Hello, welcome to the website. My name isXXXXX can assist you with this.

tdlawyer :

Do you know if the roover was a member of any trade associations?

Customer:

Hi Tony.They do not appear to be with any trade associations.but are vat registered.

tdlawyer :

Okay.

tdlawyer :

Then it sounds like they potentially did their end of the bargain defectively, do you agree?

tdlawyer :

And this caused damage to your premises?

tdlawyer :

Are you there?

Customer:

I agree.It's quite along story I'll try to be brief.on the contract it says full roof inspection by qualified roofer.to my knowledge this was only done after a leek was discovered it should have been done before.yes i am still here theres more to come

tdlawyer :

I see, and had somebody qualified looked at it, the damage wouldn't have occurred. Okay, then yes, I do think you're entitled to claim on that basis against them. You can do so in the county court, on the small claims track if your claim is for less than £10,000.

tdlawyer :

It's easy to do - you can to www.moneyclaim.gov.uk to issue your proceedings.

Customer:

thanks very much.