75100385

Hi Alex, I have got a hearing to hear my 4 appeals re tenant

Customer Question

Hi Alex,

I have got a hearing to hear my 4 appeals re tenant vs landlord dispute of disrepair and harassment on 2nd June 11am.

I have to make a really good hardball arguement.

These are the areas as I have discussed before:

1. Defendant failed to do and complete disrepair as agreed and ordered by judges directions. And disrepair has caused further harm and hazardous property since. He also admitted he had told council housing officer he had completed disrepair and she closed case again without checking.

2. Failure to full disclosure for Disrepair Protocol. Disrepair protocol ordered by judge twice (although I had already done it 4 times) Defendant failed continually to provide documents of repair, inspections, maintenance. Just gave another huge pile of copies of general rubbish.

3. Defendant issued Section 21 in middle of court case to undermine court procedure, case, disrepair order and again part of threat and harassment. Also as TDS not paid and not resolved. This needs to be contested.

Given the state of the building I wish for court to issue an order for property to be properly assessed as risk to public and environmental health issue. And for interest of court and case to be properly informed. 3 years on and defendant failed to supply state of the building evidence.

4. Application for case to be seen at another court venue, as sensitive to area - defendant involved conservative counsellor to write false statement, council involved and persuaded several times to close case, and again, undermined court procedure and judges orders and oath. defendant played one judge off against another and misrepresented.

My question is:

How do I quickly and swiftly put this across. There is a lot of history, evidence and fact without ending up a mini trial?

How do you suggest I go about my argument?

Nip it down to what it is.

The section 21 is only his issue of document, not court order.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : I would suggest preparing a Skeleton argument.
Alex Watts : The following website gives details guidance.
Alex Watts : http://www.biicl.org/files/2223_skeleton_arguments_guide.pdf
Alex Watts : Does that help?
Customer:

will have a look.

Customer:

Alex,

Customer:

How do I get a written submission in before the trial? I have done this before yet seems every time judge had not read a thing.

Customer:

re: skeleton pd advisef:

A manuscript skeleton handed to the judge on the day of trial does not
have the same effect as that presented to him with the case papers
earlier in the week.

Alex Watts :

You need to post it to Court before the hearing.

Alex Watts :

But you must also send a copy to the other side - this can be handed on the day.

Alex Watts :

Ideally you can post it to the Court a week before the hearing

Alex Watts :

Does that clarify?

Customer:

Ok. Still reading.

Alex Watts : Ok.
Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/

Customer:

Ok.I have put a skeleton together. But found judge is someone who is the most vague, blind, goes off her feelings type of person. Looked at her judgements do not make sense with the evidence, but only the bias of personal feeling. :(

Alex Watts :

Yes I see.

Alex Watts :

Can I remind you to leave feedback please

Customer:

Yes. THank you Alex. Just ended on a bright note. Just remembered I have undermined and destroyed all his businesses by referring to HMRC and Investigation team at police. all going down, liquidators asking strange questions, receiver having to urgently sell off landlords assets such as mega complexes of flats to meet HMRC minus bill.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Alex,

YOu keep opening this one in my email. although I have closed it.

But seeing you have tabbed me on a Saturday might as wel answer a question.

Where do I find the transcripts of past trials?

I was told what website to find it on, but I have forgotten. I would like to see some of the transcripts for tenant vs landord trials for disrepair and harassment.

If its civil you can't get them as the hearings are normally private.

I am sorry.

You can find Judgments online at:

http://www.bailii.org/

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

AHHHH that is it.

All the best