75100385

I purchased gold from a limited company that has now been dissolved.

Customer Question

I purchased gold from a limited company that has now been dissolved. I never had possession of the gold, just certificates of ownership. Prior to the dissolution of the company Capital Mint Limited was in administration. I never received any information from the administrator about the company's problems. I only found out when a salesperson from another company phoned me to let me know Capital Mint Limited had been dissolved over 2 years ago. I did not think it was possible for a company to be dissolved when it held my gold in trust. I do not know to whom to make a claim. I do not know if the directors personally acted fraudulently or the administrator was at fault for leaving customers ignorant of the company's problem. My loss represents my life savings of £35000.00. I realise I was naïve, but I've traded with many companies dealing in shares, trusts, investment trusts and bonds over the years but I've never encountered anything like this.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : How did you pay for the gold and did they go into administration please?