12826847

disabled who gets higher rate of mobility can weork without

Customer Question

disabled who gets higher rate of mobility can weork without effecting dla

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

lady is 53 had 2 major operation on hips a bit better now higher rate of mobility for indefinit and now somebody offered her suitable job but she is affraid if she loose the job because of her mobility and loose the benefit what can she do?

DLA is currently a non means tested benefit. There is talk that may change but it hasn't happened yet. Its purpose is to pay for the cost of managing the disability.

In principle, therefore, the fact she is working would not have an impact.

The only issue to consider though is that if a person is working then that gives rise to the inference that the level of care has changed. They are scrutinising DLA claims very carefully at the moment. Its important that she is aware that she has a duty to disclose that she is working and that may lead to am investigation into her disability.

In principle though, the fact she is working will not mean she cannot claim DLA

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

she is in pain and limping and has a motability car which taking her but likes to work and suffer in additition she wants to know she must pay salarys tax same as other healthy workers

I wouldn't know anything about tax. That is a tax question really not a legal one. You would need to post another question in our tax section. Your original question was about benefits not tax.