tdlawyer
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  11 years experience of general practice.
73598664

I have a lifetime mortgage with Aviva with which I have several

Customer Question

I have a lifetime mortgage with Aviva with which I have several complaints. I have written to Aviva 3 times over the past year and they have not replied, not even to acknowledge receipt of the letters. What can I do?
Regards,
Barbara Cornford
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 3 years ago.

Hello, thanks for your question. My name is Tony, I can assist with this.

Have you considered informing the financial ombudsman service?

Tony

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I asked the advisor for this information but he did not reply. I have copies of all the letters I sent to Aviva. Can you tell me how to contact the Ombudsman please.

Expert:  tdlawyer replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I can. It's pretty easy, firstly, have a good look at this website at: www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk

This will give you links to the application form, which you can just send through from their website with your complaint, or alternatively, you could write to them in the old fashioned way of doing things.

The ombudsman can direct them to engage with you and provide a response, or altenratively, it can resolve your complaint for you and direct Aviva to take such action as it considers appropriate.

Tony

Expert:  tdlawyer replied 3 years ago.
Is there anything else I can add to this for you?