UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

i brought my house with my father many years ago through the

i brought my house with my father many years ago through the council on a right to buy scheme.my father passed away some time ago and left his half of the house to me which makes me the sole owner.
Now that im thinking of selling i realise my fathers name is XXXXX XXXXX the deeds and needs to be removed.
Please can you advise me of the process to remove his name and the cost of doing so.

kind regards james.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

If the property was held as a joint proprietorship, all you need to do is complete Land Registry form DJP below

http://www.landregistry.gov.uk/_media/downloads/forms/DJP.pdf

And send it to the Land Registry together with the original or an official copy of your late father's death certificate, or grant of probate.

There is no fee payable for this and you may do it yourself.

Can I help further?