31090051

My sister took my mother three yes ago to change her will she

Customer Question

My sister took my mother three yes ago to change her will she had dementia and died this yr and and her house was left to my sister and her moveable estate to me the difference in values is about 200k can I contest
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

Contents are moveable, yes.

You can contest the will if you can prove what is called facility and circumvention. That means that your sister unduly influenced your mother to make the will in the way she did AND that your mother was easily influenced because of age, infirmity or illness.

So to prove the case you have to get hold of her doctor and medical records and find out, if, in the opinion of the doctor she was capable of making up her own mind about her will, at the time the will was made.

Your own solicitor would have to make investigations and ask the doctor for a report and opinion before the prospects of success of such an action could be considered.

Happy to discuss further.

Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.