75100385

We are 6 properties in an area that has responsibility i.e.

Customer Question

We are 6 properties in an area that has responsibility i.e. own the shared car park and entrance to communal car park as stated in our deeds. It needs urgent repair as not been done for 10 years and therefore needs to be addressed. 2 of the owners don't want to contribute at all to this cost - what is the law on this matter - there is no management company? Are they legally obligated?

Angie

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Do you know the cost of the repair please?

Alex Watts :

Do the deeds state shared cost for repair please?

JACUSTOMER-hw2qee27- :

Repair cost is approximately £5000

JACUSTOMER-hw2qee27- :

The deeds just state that the area is owned by us and the other 5 properties - no mention of repair costs of distribution of this. Regards Angela

JACUSTOMER-hw2qee27- :

not sure why I didn't get any email to me direct and nothing in spam :(

Alex Watts : It makes no mention whatsoever of repair or maintence at all please?