12826847

i have been arrested and bailed while the police look in to

i have been arrested and bailed while the police look in to my case and decide if I should be charged or not, I am supposed to be going too see my wife in Australia for a few weeks next month, my bail for says I have to report for bail in October. Can I still visit my wife for 3 weeks?

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

I presume she is not the complainant or involved in the case in any way?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no, we got married last july and have applied for a residency visa which was granted recently and I was supposed to be moving there between the end of june & middle of july but have since been arrested and bailed. I have never been in any trouble before and in the bail details it says I must return to the station in October. They have not taken my passport and I have no conditions listed on my bail sheet other than returning in october

In that case, you can come and go as you please. You are not on bail with conditions not to leave the country or to surrender your travel documents. Your wife is not a witness in the case and so you cannot be accused of perverting the course of justice if you have contact with her.

As long as you do return for your bail date in October, you are free to leave the UK to visit her obviously subject to any other immgration controls.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

do I need to do anything before going, take a copy of my ticket or anything to the custody station? I have no contact details for the officers on the case so I don't know how to let them know about my holiday.

No. You are not in breach of any conditions of bail and so can go where you like as long as you attend for your bail back date.