75100385

I have a 15 year old daughter who was told to sign a livery

I have a 15 year old daughter who was told to sign a livery contract for her horse. To cut a long story short she was told to move her horse to another yard which we did within a few days without the months notice we were supposed to get. The owner is now chasing me for livery she claims is unpaid, threatening to come to my work etc can she do this?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : But you did not sign the contract?
Customer:

Hello Alex, thank you for your assistance, no I have not signed anything, my daughter was told a few weeks after moving her horse there and she was 15 at the time of signing a basic downloaded contract from the rspca website, the owner has not provided many of the facilities the contract said she should and it also expired at the end of April. Thanks Clare

Alex Watts : Well Clare you did not sign the contract and therefore you are not liable.
Alex Watts : Your daughter is under 18, not deemed to have capacity and is also not liable
Alex Watts : If the person comes to your work you can report it to the police as harassment.
Alex Watts : You should say if they want to pursue it they should put everything in writing and you will respond accordingly.
Alex Watts : But if they come to your work report it to the police as this can be considered harassment.
Alex Watts : the police could warn this person or even prosecute.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer:

Thank you Alex, I feel happier now.

Alex Watts : If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/
Customer:

I will certainly do that, Thank you