75100385

I am a disabled pensioner and live in Sheltered Accomodation,

I am a disabled pensioner and live in Sheltered Accomodation, on the 13th December 2013 I sent a text to our Sheltererd Housing Manager, asking her what right one of our resident's had to enter our lounge and switch off another resident's xmas carol tape, she did not reply to my text but 4 months later, whilst in the lounge having words with said Manager, the resident who I text the manager about could tell me the text that I sent our Manager, my text was confidential to the Manager and yet she saw fit to tell the resident do I have any recourse regarding confidentiality towards this Manager. THANK YOU

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Have you reported this breach of confidentiality to anyone yet please?
Customer:

i wrote to the secretary at the main head office in Edinburgh, I received a letter statating that he would be looking into my complaint, but that was over 3 weeks ago,have not heard anything since. elizabeth.

Alex Watts : Thank you. The next step if they have not responded is to complain to the information commissioner.
Alex Watts : They can investigate this for free for you. They offer a free service and the link is below
Alex Watts : http://ico.org.uk/about_us/our_organisation/scotland
Alex Watts : Write to them at their Scotland office and they will investigate the matter.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?