tdlawyer
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  11 years experience of general practice.
73598664

Hi, could you possibly help me understand what is going on

Hi, could you possibly help me understand what is going on regarding my mortgage complaint via the Mortgage Audit Centre [swansea] 01792 518231, they processed our complaint no 47474271 [as advised by them] and in September last advised us that complaint had been passed to the Financial Ombudsman Service for their decision, several calls between the MAC and ourselves assured us that it would take time and they would let us know as and when decision was made. But as time goes on we have tried without success to contact them but phones are not being answered, we have had no letters from them to tell us what is happening and we cannot contact them, have they gone into liquidation? or has some other company taken over from them ? can l contact the FOS independently to see where were at, what would you advise ? thanks for any help, regards XXXXX [mortgage is with Halifax, new no 01342651770100]
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 3 years ago.

tdlawyer :

Hello, welcome to the website. My name isXXXXX can assist you with this.

tdlawyer :

You would have to refer the complaint to the financial ombudsman service for it to be considered by them. Therefore, it is extremely unlikely that this is being dealt with by the ombudsman from what you have said. You would know - you would have to submit the complaint to him/her.

tdlawyer :

You should, however, just give the ombudsman a quick call on 0800 023 4 567.

tdlawyer :

The offices are open 8am to 8pm.

tdlawyer :

If the ombudsman says he/she has no trace, then I would suggest you make a formal complaint about thus both to the ombudsman and the mortgage audit centre.

Customer:

Hi Tony, further to my question, is the mortgage audit centre still a bona fide company they are not answering my calls [have not done so for quite a while] thanks DFP

tdlawyer :

I'v never heard of them I have to say, but that doesn't mean they're not genuine. Have you tried doing google searches and/or searches at companies house for them?

Customer:

Tony, thank you for your answers, can find no trace at companies house for MAC or google, but they may have changed name via the save britain money organisation? , l will phone them and the ombudsman, do l understand you correctly that l would have to submit complaint directly to the ombudsman myself and NOT through 3rd party, thanks, XXXXX XXXXX XXXXX XXXXX

tdlawyer :

Yes, you would submit the claim directly.