Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

Is it possible to find out whether a company has assets before

Customer Question

Is it possible to find out whether a company has assets before issuing proceedings? I am particularly interested to know who owns land in a specific area.
Expert:  Joshua replied 3 years ago.

Joshua :

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practicing lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

Joshua :

May I clarify a little more what you mean by a "specific area" please?

Customer:

I know of several site addresses

Joshua :

Thanks for the above. I am sorry you have rated my service to you as poor. I have not had the opportunity to provide you with any service yet. I would be very please to continue to assist. In order for me to do so could you kindly confirm you are content to withdraw you poor service rating and take the opportunity to rerate my service once I have been able to provide you with some?

Customer:

Yes. I thought I had to press a button. I thought the point you made was a bit obvious.

Expert:  Joshua replied 3 years ago.
Many thanks. No it is easily done.

There are two approaches to ascertaining a limited company's assets. The usual approach is to carry out a company search using an agency such as DueDil.
http://duedil.com/

You can get some basic information for free if you type in the name of the company in question but for a comprehesive report they charge a fee. The information is relatively comprehensive and is especially useful to ascertain their credit history can current credit profile. It will also contain information about any mortgages the company has.

If you wish to know about specific property or land, if you know an address which you want to know is owned by the company or not you can obtain the title entries from the Land Registry for £3 using the following link:

http://www.landregistry.gov.uk/public/property-ownership

Is there anything else I can clarify for you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks - that is much better!

Expert:  Joshua replied 3 years ago.
A pleasure. If I can assist any further as the situation develops please do no hesitate to let me know.