12826847

I got a notification of intention to prosecute for speeding.

Customer Question

I got a notification of intention to prosecute for speeding. My wife was the driver at the time so I sent them her details. She has now had a similar notification but although it has our address on it it refers to a Mrs. Danish Thomas, not Denise. Danish does not feature in her name or address. Does the incorrect details being used justify our ignoring the letter?

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

I am sorry but its bad news.

There is caselaw on what makes these things defective and it literally has to be such that you cannot understand its for you. There is no doubt it was for your wife. This is really just a misspelling of her name.

I'm very sorry but if you ignore the NIP they will summons you for failing to identify which carries 6 points and a much higher fine.

Thank you for the positive rating and remember that I am always available to help with your questions. For future information, please start your question with ‘FOR JO C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/