75100385

Sadly we have a tenant who has committed suicide. (Not in the

Sadly we have a tenant who has committed suicide. (Not in the property) The parents would like to clear the property of his belongings. Where do we stand now with regards XXXXX XXXXX tenancy and rent owed etc ?

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Sadly the tenancy ends the day they die

Alex Watts :

You can't have a dead tenant liable for a tenancy

Alex Watts :

What you need to do is allow access to collect the effects

Alex Watts :

In terms of rent owing, you perhaps need to also be a little sensitive given the circumstances

Alex Watts :

But the estate of deceased would be liable for any rent owing up to the date they died

Alex Watts :

Customer:

no thank you