LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

my daughter used to be an agent for Avon cosmetics. I was guarantor

Customer Question

my daughter used to be an agent for Avon cosmetics. I was guarantor for her agency. When she was moving house she decided to give up the agency. She had returns valuing £1600, which i returned for her from my home address. I did not get a list of the returns or a note to say i had returned these items. a month later i got a letter from avon saying my daughter owe them £1479.73p. i rang avon up about the returns i had sent back and they said they had not recieved them. i told them that i had not got a list of the items returned or a note from the com pany that hsd taken the returns away.all the agency goods had been delivered to my daughters address but these returns were taken from my address.Sima Debt Recovery are now threatening me with legal action if i do not pay.
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 3 years ago.

LondonlawyerJ :

Hello I am a solicitor with over 15 years experience. I will try to help you with this.

LondonlawyerJ :

Who was it delivered the returned items? Have you contacted them to see what proof of receipt by Avon they have?

Customer:

yes i have they said unless i have a note from their driver there is nothing they can do.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes they said that i need a list of the products sent back or a note from their driver they also denied any knowledge of recieving the letter that i had wrote

How did you send it back. You need to try to get proof that you did do it and if possible that it was sent.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i cannot remember the firms name that picked up the returns. i have phoned my daughter up and she thinks the firms name was gills transport

Could that be Gills Transport in Wolverhampton? Their number is 01902 791366. If you know the date they picked u the things you can contact them to get the information you need. I hope this is the right company.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you for the information i will ring them after the Bank Holiday

good luck.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i have rung gills transport on the number you gave me and they said they do not deal with avon cosmetics