75100385

hello, I used to work in a market and paid on a weekly basis.

hello, I used to work in a market and paid on a weekly basis. Recently I left and paid a weeks rent and gave notice as such. The landlady of the market is now asking for another weeks rent. I didnt have a written contract but agreed to pay the weekly rent fees. She is now refusing to return some of my possessions and has written to me saying she will charge me for storage until I pay her 'remaining' rent. Where do I stand please.?
Mandy

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Is there anything signed to say she can charge you for storage please?

Customer:

no, i havent signed anything with regards XXXXX XXXXX time spent trading or any storage charges. In fact everything so far has be verbal as I was friends with her for over 10 years

Alex Watts :

Ok - in that case you can NOT be charged storage

Alex Watts :

Only if there was a contract signed or some oral agreement can you be charged storage

Alex Watts :

But it must be agreed

Alex Watts :