75100385

I purchased a cruise holiday in early 2005 along with the top

I purchased a cruise holiday in early 2005 along with the top travel insurance, at the time we had no health problems within my family, unfortunately my dad who lived with me was taken ill 2days prior to departure and passed away.obviously I had to arrange his funeral on the day I was due to travel,he passed on 31st may 2006, the travel insurance refused to pay me as they said I had failed to inform them my dad was on heart tablets which he had been on for years But I was not asked any health questions on my dad as he was not travelling I just insured my husband and myself, I know it is awhile ago but I still feel I was cheated by the insurance company. Pleaseadvise

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Just to clarify the position, this happened in 2006, is that right?

Customer: Yes he died on 31st may 2006 and we were due to travel on 2nd June 2006
Alex Watts :

Its bad news I am afraid.

Alex Watts :

Under the Limitation Act 1980 you have 6 years to bring a claim in the Courts.

Alex Watts :

If he died in 2006 and you were due to travel in June 2006 limitation would have expired in June 2012.

Alex Watts :

Any claim therefore is statue barred by almost 2 years.

Alex Watts :

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest

Alex Watts :

Customer: I presed ok rvice
Alex Watts :

Ok - let me get this changed.

Try now to change the rating as requested.