75100385

HiSeventeen years ago when Northampton Town Football Club

Customer Question

Hi Seventeen years ago when Northampton Town Football Club required funds from the supporters I personally sponsored five seats (families names put on them) at a cost of £25. This was for life and not the life of the seat and I refuse to be intimidated by the 'inuendo' that this email should not be shared. The fact it has been entered into the public domain renders that nonenforceable. Now that funding has been provided by the local Council and the seats are being replaced the chairman David Cardoza) has decided quite pompously to not replace the names. When I pointed out politely that surely that was in breach of a legally binding contract I was told I could have the £125 refunded. This I refused and the following emails sum up the contempt with which Cardoza treats the club's supporters I passed this chain of emails on to the Chairman and have spoken to him about the matter. He has confirmed, once again, that we will not be having names on seats in the redeveloped stadium. That is a final decision. As a gesture of goodwill, he is willing to refund the money you paid to have your names on seats. If you would like a refund please confirm the number of seats you have (4 or 5 possibly?), who would like the cheque making out to and where you would like it sending. This is our final offer to resolve this matter and if this is not acceptable to you then I am afraid we are unable to assist further. Kind regards XXXXX XXXXX Head of Media Northampton Town Football Club Sixfields Stadium Northampton NN5 5QA www.ntfc.co.uk This email is only for the use of the addressee. It may contain information which is legally privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy, distribute or disseminate this email or any enclosures to anyone other than the addressee. If you receive this communication in error please advise us by telephone at once on XXXXX XXXXX . From: XXXXX XXXX XXXXXXXX [[email protected]] Sent: 08 May 2014 13:49 To: XXXXX XXXXX Subject: Re: NAMES ON SEATS That is rubbish and I'm starting to get a bit peed off about this. I don't give a monkey's how much the directors pay and you are starting to sound like an organ grinder's monkey. Your sort of waffle would alienate a lot of supporters. As I said, without supporters like us there wouldn't be a stadium for the poor dears to put their cushions in. As for supporters moaning about bits coming off :~ 1/ I find that difficult to believe. 2/ So what? 3/ Stuck them on better. Please forward this as well please. An increasingly angry. Steve XXXXXX On 8 May 2014, at 13:16, "Gareth XXXXX " wrote: Steve I will gladly forward this email chain on. The Directors won’t be losing their cushions, but then again they pay very, very heavily for that cushion! Far heavier than any other supporter does. It is not a case of all seats having to look the same, it is a case of bringing a modern look and feel to the stadium and being aware of grumbles we have had from supporters who have had parts of stickers come off on their clothing leading to complaints. It is certainly not a case of looking after just the gin and tonic brigade, it is about providing a comfortable, clean and welcoming environment for all supporters to enjoy the game in, including the ‘gin and tonic’ brigade as much as the next fan. It is the ‘gin and tonic’ brigade whose attendance we hope will help pay a large part of the wages of players who can help us enjoy success next season, benefitting all supporters. Anyhow, I am passing your email on as requested. Kind regards XXXXX XXXXX Head of Media Northampton Town Football Club Sixfields Stadium Northampton XXXX XX XXX.ntfc.co.uk From: Stephen XXXX XXXXXXXX [[email protected]] Sent: 08 May 2014 12:52 To: XXXXX XXXXX Subject: Re: NAMES ON SEATS Thank Gareth. In that case could you forward this whole thread. I'm not being pedantic about this but it is a matter of principle. My daughter's for example was the centenary year and the others predate that. I also assume the directors won't be losing their cushions? If it is not resolved then it will leave a very bitter taste in the mouths of some of the most loyal supporters. As I have already said we have seven season tickets that were all renewed before we knew which division we would be in. If it's a case of the seats all having to look the same then It will also start to look like "we are the gin and tonic brigade - stuff the rest". Fingers crossed. Best wishes. Steve XXXXXXX

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

I assume you just want your seat names back? Are you prepared to go to Court for this please?

JACUSTOMER-zhatjc7w- :

Hi Alex.Absolutely.

JACUSTOMER-zhatjc7w- :

Hi Alex.

JACUSTOMER-zhatjc7w- :

Absolutely.

JACUSTOMER-zhatjc7w- :

Abso

JACUSTOMER-zhatjc7w- :

Absolutely but the programmer who wrote the software for your website should be in court too. Very poor. Kindest regards. Stever

Alex Watts : What you need is an injunction for specific performance.
Alex Watts : That is an order compelling them to keep the names efc.
Alex Watts : You need to write and give them 14 days to rectify the situation or say you will seek a court ordrt.
Alex Watts : Make sure you send this recorded delivery and keep a copy.
Alex Watts : If they still refuse then you need to complete forms n1
Alex Watts : http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf
Alex Watts : and n16a
Alex Watts : http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n016a-eng.pdf
Alex Watts : The court will then send a copy to the defendent and will have a short return hearing to decide whether to make an Interim order
Alex Watts : If the matter is not contested then the order will be made final.
Alex Watts : If the matter is contested then the judge will set the matter down for a final hearing as well as deciding whether to make an interim order.
Alex Watts : Your comments re website are noted. Sadly I only see it from an expert point and have no control over IT but I will pass it om
Alex Watts : on
Alex Watts : It may be you wish a solicitor to represent you at the hearing and if you win those costs can be claimed back
Alex Watts : If there is an order made as it is ignored then the person can be brought back before the court and the judge can warn, fine or send him to prison
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
JACUSTOMER-zhatjc7w- : Hi again Alex.Not at the moment thanks .
JACUSTOMER-zhatjc7w- : Sorry. Every time I hit the enter key to tab down the message is sent?? How much time do I get for my £47?
JACUSTOMER-zhatjc7w- : Also, could you confirm that I haven't requested a direct edit account yet.
Alex Watts :

Any billing questions you need to ask customer services, I have no access to that as an expert.

Alex Watts :

I can clarify anything about this question for you, but if you have a new one you need to post another question

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything else about this question?

JACUSTOMER-zhatjc7w- : Not sure at the moment so can this thread remain open? Sorry I didn't mean to hit rating button. This is not very user friendly, especially. Can the rating be undone?
Alex Watts : Yes the thread remains open although the site gives the impression it does not.
Alex Watts : There if you click on a face that is fine.
Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/