UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

my freind wants to come to the uk for holiday on a tourist

my freind wants to come to the uk for holiday on a tourist visa, she has been told that she will have to pay £3000 on entry to the uk emmigration officer, this fee will be returnd on the day of her flight home back to ghana, please is this true ?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

This is not true and it sounds like a scam. If you are being asked to send any money to your so called friend, do not do so.

There are a lot of immigration related scams involving brides and girlfriends from Ghana.

The UK does not have any such immigration bond requirement for visitors, there was a proposal to bring such a bond, but it was scrapped.

Can I help further?