75100385

My solicitor and their barrister told me that my case was NOT

Customer Question

My solicitor and their barrister told me that my case was NOT affected by the Limitations Act. The High Court Judge said it was, and although I won my case, the money I was paid back was severely reduced because of the limitations act. My solicitors costs were not paid, so now the solicitors are demanding their costs, even though the High Court Judge said they were wrong. Can you advise me please?

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Did you sign terms and conditions? If so, what does that say about costs please?

JACUSTOMER-pk2gshv7- :

I did - they were acting on a no win no fee basis. This was then removed by them because they said I hadn't fully instructed them properly due to other problems I had, which I didn't realise they needed to know as they were totally unrelated to this problem.

JACUSTOMER-pk2gshv7- :

Another solicitor worked on my behalf in the case. But he was worried about the limitations act. This was the only thing that prevented me winning all my money back. The first solicitors had insisted it didn't apply to my case.

Alex Watts :

Did you sign any further terms after the CFA?

JACUSTOMER-pk2gshv7- :

My computer may crash soon as it's over heating. So if I do disappear I'm hoping that I will be able to see you answers, sorry -

Alex Watts :

Sure, you can come back at any time to this

JACUSTOMER-pk2gshv7- :

No I didn't sign anything else after the no win no fee thing

Alex Watts :

Ok - what does that document say about your liability for costs?

JACUSTOMER-pk2gshv7- :

Well originally - they said if they were not right then they would take the costs themselves

Alex Watts :

Ok - but the document you signed, what does that say about your liability for costs?

JACUSTOMER-pk2gshv7- :

i:ll need to check it ok?

Alex Watts :

Please and come back to me, its quite important

JACUSTOMER-pk2gshv7- :

my computer is struggling - I will check what I signed and get back to you - thank you for this

Alex Watts :

Ok - happy to help

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/