How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

hi, i have a plan with debt help & advice ltd who have goon

Resolved Question:

hi, i have a plan with debt help & advice ltd who have gone into administration, i have nearly £4,600 in my pot, what happens now?

Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 3 years ago.

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

They owe you or you owe them please?


i have been paying £200 a month to debt help & advice to sort out a debt with hsbc. they challenge the debt owed to hsbc & try to settle at 50%. when the pot is big enough they pay the money to clear the debt, currently i am about 7 payments away from the debt being cleared.Now they have gone into administration will i get my money back or will it be payed to hsbc,

Alex Watts : Who has gone into administration, the company you are paying the money to? Was this a debt management company.

debt help & advice ltd are a debt reduction company not debt management,look online at their advert.

Alex Watts :

Ok - any payments you made should be safe and your creditors should honour thouse.

Alex Watts :

* those *

Alex Watts :

As long as you have proof then you should continue to make the payments to your creditors with proof, if they ask for it, of the payments.

Alex Watts :

They should then accept this

Alex Watts :

It is for them to make claims to the Administrator of the Company, not you

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Ash and 4 other Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Law Questions