LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

What are the chances of me being reported for harassment?

Customer Question

What are the chances of me being reported for harassment? I told a co worker that he has body odour and didn't seem to take it well. Now I think about it I don't know if I did the right thing and worried I've got myself into trouble if he makes a complaint. I didn't mean to offend him but I think he felt offended
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 3 years ago.

LondonlawyerJ :

Hello. I am a solicitor with over 15 years experience. i will try to help you with this.

LondonlawyerJ :

Harassment in law means you engage in a course of conduct (ie more than one thing open time) which is likely to cause harassment (that is alarm or distress) to another person. If this is the only incident then what you have said is not harassment in law. Simply pointing out a defect in personal hygiene is not harassment. No doubt you were, in fact, trying to help him.