Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

only half of a five metre wide forty long strip of parking

Customer Question

only half of a five metre wide forty long strip of parking land was registered at the land registry in 1998 the land runs along the pine end of the farmhouse i bought at the time at auction i have a signed statement from the auctioner confirming that the forty metres were sold to me -the vendor claims that i should have realise that a mistake had been made in 1998 and the time limit has passed to rectify the mistake = question- is there such a time limit at the land registry
Expert:  Joshua replied 3 years ago.

Joshua :

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practicing lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

Joshua :

Am I correct to believe that the same person owned the parking strip as owned the farmhouse please?

Joshua :

If so was the farmhouse registered but the parking strip not at HMLR at the time?

Joshua :

Did you use a solicitor to assist you with completion and if so was he aware that you wished to purchase the parking too?

Joshua :

When did you become aware of the issue?