Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial Advisor
Experience:  Attorney and Financial Expert. Have specialization in Financial Laws.Practice experience of over 13 years
43581946

Hello i hope you are having a nice evening. I have a Financial

Customer Question

Hello i hope you are having a nice evening. I have a Financial Regulation & Compliance question. I am en Independent Foreign Exchange trader and i decided that i can create a trading course to share my trading plan to help other traders become successful and be rewarded for my work. In this trading course i disclose my trading plan in detail for trading on the Foreign Exchange market to other individual traders in return for a fee. Before we start the course they accept the following Disclaimer via e-mail : ''Any opinions, news, research, analysis, prices or other information provided during the trading course is provided as general market commentary and does not constitute personal investment advice to buy or sell anything.'' My understanding is that what i do in my trading course doesnt constitute advising on investments according to Chapter XII Article 53 from the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (Regulated Activities) and therefore i should not be regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. And my question is my understanding correct? Please do not hesitate to ask me questions and take your time to answer my question.
Expert:  Rakhi Vasavada replied 3 years ago.
Dear Friend,

Hello and welcome. Thank you for providing an opportunity to assist you.

If I understand correct, you are deviding a trading technic / strategy. You will teach this trading technics / strategy / tool to group of people for a fee. I also understand that this are trading methods to be deployed under perticular situation and are NOT any security / stock specific.

These tools can be applied on ANY security / stocks which satisfies the preset conditions of your trading technic / strategy / tool.

I also believe that this will NOT be stock specific at all. In such a case it DOES NOT constitute advising on investments as defined in Chapter XII Article 53 from the Financial Services and Markets Act.

I am sure this would help.

You may please leave a positive rating if this helps as this is the only way we are compensated for assisting you. Alternatively, you may revert back with a reply if you need further assistance or if I have missed out on any aspect of your question.

Warm Regards