75100385

Can the sealed bids of a property be revealed after the property

Can the sealed bids of a property be revealed after the property has been sold? I.e who bid and how much?

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Generally not because bids tend to be private.

Alex Watts :

Its the same with estate agent, all you generally know is how much the offer is, not how much and by whom

Alex Watts :

It may be a breach of the Data Protection Act to disclose those details

Alex Watts :

Customer:

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX in finding out other bids on a property. You say 'may' be a breech of data protection, is this not always the case?

Alex Watts :

Individuals yes it would be. Bids are private.

Alex Watts :

You may be able to get amounts but not who without a Court order.

Alex Watts :

Does that clarify?

Customer:

Thank you. I understand it as - not possible to obtain names on sealed bids.

Alex Watts :

Indeed.

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/