12826847

I In a rented property for 15 months then moved with the same

Customer Question

I
In a rented property for 15 months then moved with the same landlord to a bigger property they did a new tenancy agreement for six months I was there for a month brown gunge running down the walls due to a Rayburn took out by and the chimney not capped I spoke to the landlord and was told it would right itself in 6months I was paying 700 pounds a month I phoned wrote and begged the landlord to do something I then decided I would move my three piece sweet out of the property because it smelt the environmental health had taken photos on the day the suite was coming out my partner who has his own house kindly said he would be at the house to meet the bam and I would he there shortly after whole he was there the landlady came over from the farm locked him on the house shouting abuse swearing he said she's not leaving she s still in rent just moving the three piece she would not let him out the police were called told her to open the door she did so the started throwing all my belongings out of the door even my food out of the fridge and freezer breaking lots of items at the same time saying she is not coming back in here taking the keys my partner rang me I was devastated the council said I had to pay Council tax then retracted it when I sent them all the letters and the one from the police saying criminal damage I sent the landlord letter asking for my deposit back which was not in a bond she has now sent a solicitors letter asking for six months rent I did not leave I was evicted can she claim this from me

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Just to clarify there was no court order evicting you please?