How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alice H Your Own Question
Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2850
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alice H is online now

Hi I was charged with drink driving yesterday, as my breath

Resolved Question:

Hi I was charged with drink driving yesterday, as my breath test was 41 I am awaiting blood test results. I saw they spelt my surname wrongly on the blood test samples, would this kind of technicality help in any way if I came back over the limit? Thanks
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.

Alex Hughes :

My name isXXXXX and I'm happy to help with your question today. I need to ask you some preliminary questions to be able to help you.

Alex Hughes :

What was wrong about the spelling?

Customer: They spelt the surname eyre not ayre
Alex Hughes :

This won't make a difference I'm afraid. Firstly they will produce the custody record and doctors certificate to say the sample was taken from you. Second the blood sample will be sealed with a unique serial code linked to you and your custody record. Thirdly the error is so minor that a court would not enterain an application to dismiss on the basis of one letter being incorrect. I'm sorry but such minor technicalities are no longer tolerated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi thanks for your reply, realise I was clutching at straws a little, but as you mention the custody record my name was misspelt the same on everything

Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
If the issue is raised the police will produce your photograph and fingerprint which would have been taken following your arrest and detention at the police station.
Alice H and other Law Specialists are ready to help you