tdlawyer
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  11 years experience of general practice.
73598664

I made purchase of a fishing pole had several sections break

I made purchase of a fishing pole had several sections break the shop replaced them no question but the pole is at fault i know now thst lots people had same problem sensas 874 which is french the 12month warranty up now been at shop 4 weeks no answer to my problem they have spun me along till now what consumer rights do i have
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 3 years ago.

tdlawyer :

Hello, welcome to the website. My name isXXXXX can assist you with this.

tdlawyer :

If the pole is at fault, not the sections now replaced, then you would be entitled to reject it on the basis of it not being of satisfactory quality and/or fit for purpose. I assume, when I say this, that you bought the pole from a business, is that correct?

Customer:

Yes top shop fostrrs birmingham

tdlawyer :

Okay, then that's fine. You would be entitled to demand your money back or a repair or replacement at your choice.

Customer:

Fosters of birmingham

Customer:

The 12mth warranty up now but they keept givin me sections nowing the pole not up to job a carp pole

tdlawyer :

12 month warranties are standard but this is not the "legal requirement". So, it's possible that you could buy something and it might be 4 months out of warranty, the law can (and often does) impose a more stringent requirement, requiring the item to be working beyond that period. A good example might be aTV, which often gets a 12 month warranty, but the courts will often say they should work for a long time beyond that without breaking down and then when they do breakdown, they must not have been of satisfactory quality etc.

tdlawyer :

There are no hard and fast rules as to what is an appropriate length of time for something to work, and often, claimants get evidence from professionals in the industry concerned, so in your case, perhaps an experienced angler that has used many types of pole, or perhaps more usefully, a distributor that has his own experience of many complaints/returns issues of the different types of pole etc.

Customer: