Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

1. Can a court case be brought in the high court in the UK

1. Can a court case be brought in the high court in the UK after 22 years?
The case involves the harrassment of myself and the general public
after whistle blowing to the press a dangerous swimming pool:
managed by a very large town populace local government.

If the answer to 1. Is no, please do not bother to answer 2. and 3.

2. Do I need to prove or put up collateral to bring the court action?

3. I will personally bring this case, can a member of the public do this?
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.

Alex Hughes :

My name isXXXXX and I'm happy to help with your question today. I need to ask you some preliminary questions to be able to help you.

Alex Hughes :

Was any legal action taken 22 years ago? If not, why has it taken this long to surface?

Customer:

Hello Alex, There were circumstances that made me mentally impaired for 3 years and I was told after three years by a member of the public that I could not take legal action. I have been mentally impaired for many years since. However, I am in good mental health now.

Alex Hughes :

Thanks for the additional information. The Limitations Act 1980 imposes time limits on when legal action can be commenced in certain case. Unfortunately the time limit for the action you wish to take has well and truly expired.

Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience: Partner in national law firm
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Alex, the harassment may be on going, I am waiting for a reply from the local government. If I assess the harassment is ongoing I will contact you again.

I have pasted the letter below that I recently sent to this local government for your perusal, as stated, I am waiting for a reply.

Thanks, best wishes, Yours Sincerely Anthony W Johns.

Already Tried:
no other company

Edit Price

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Expert

You have received an Answer!

25 May 2014 13:25 EST

Alex Hughes :

My name is Alex Hughes and I'm happy to help with your question today. I need to ask you some preliminary questions to be able to help you.

Alex Hughes :

Customer :

Alex Hughes :

Thank you for using our service - please remember to rate my answer. You can ask for me in future - just remember to mark the question "For Alex Hughes".

• Rate to Finish